Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Johann Swart Johann Swart is offline

Default Unwanted Header on Page 1

Platform:
Win XP Pro SP2
Word 2002 SP3

I have a multipage document.
At Page Setup/Layout/Headers and Footers, I have deselected "Different First
Page" and "Different Odd and Even".
I have inserted a Section Break at the end of the first page specifically in
order NOT to show the headers and footers as used in the rest of the
document. In the header on page 2, I have have deselected "Same as Previous".
The header has a double ¾ pt line below and the footer has a double ¾ pt line
above (as formatted in "Styles and Formatting").
On page 1, I have selected the entire header and deleted it, yet the double
underline still shows, only the content of the header is deleted. When I do
the same on my other documents, no header (or its formatting) is shown on
page 1, which is what I want.
Has anyone any idea what might be different in this document?
PS: I have previously used "Track Changes", but have since "Accept all
changes in Document" and deselected "Track Changes".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Johann Swart Johann Swart is offline

Hi Graham,
Thanks a million! It most certainly has helped. I have also switched off
most of those pesky autoformatting features