Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] shakcaine@gmail.com is offline

Default Header too big!

On Thursday, June 7, 2001 at 11:32:21 PM UTC-5, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Sometimes although it appears that the problem is a large header, what's
really happening is that the vertical justification (File | Page Setup |
Layout) has been set to Center.

I've also seen documents where a frame in the header grew to fill the whole
page. It may have started out as the frame around a page number inserted
using Insert | Page Numbers..., or it may have resulted from sort sort of
document corruption. If this IS the problem, though, you might try clicking
in the header and seeing if Frame is available on the Format menu. If so,
select it and in the Frame dialog press the button for Remove Frame. This is
unlikely in your case, though, since the frame is set to Auto size and so
shouldn't grow if it contains no text.

Thanks so much Suzanne. This helped greatly.

Shakira

Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft Word MVP
Words into Type
Fairhope, AL USA

Shawn wrote in message
news:522901c0efc4$60ea2500$a5e62ecf@tkmsftngxa07.. .
My header area is too large, pushing my document text to the center of the
page,
way below the top margin. I have even tried deleting the text in the header
completely, but I have no luck correcting the problem. Any idea