Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
waltonnz waltonnz is offline

Default Sorting columns in a table

I have set up a table with three columns - ID number - Surname - First Names.
These columns are repeated 4 times, so that I have 12 columns across the
page. I want each ID number column to be sorted in numerical order. I sort
the first column which sorts into order taking with it the Surnames and First
Names. Then I do the same to the next three columns. But this unsorts the
first three columns I have just sorted. Is there any way I can have each set
of columns sorted correctly?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It sounds to me as if you have a 12 column-table instead of a three-column
table in four columns. If you will set your page layout to four columns and
then create a three-column table wrapping from one of the four columns to
the next, you will be able to sort the three columns as desired.

http://word.mvps.org

"waltonnz" wrote in message
I have set up a table with three columns - ID number - Surname - First
Names.
These columns are repeated 4 times, so that I have 12 columns across the
page. I want each ID number column to be sorted in numerical order. I sort
the first column which sorts into order taking with it the Surnames and
First
Names. Then I do the same to the next three columns. But this unsorts the
first three columns I have just sorted. Is there any way I can have each
set
of columns sorted correctly?

Sorting address lists that are in 2 columns Lakelawn1 Microsoft Word Help 2 May 23rd 08 11:01 PM
Sorting a Table Nanapat Microsoft Word Help 4 April 18th 08 06:26 AM
sorting columns Elizabeth Tables 1 February 28th 06 09:10 PM
Table Sorting Melissa needing help!! Tables 3 February 15th 05 03:27 AM
sorting alphanumerically in a table Fred Microsoft Word Help 2 February 5th 05 06:47 PM