Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paula Paula is offline

Default not enough memory to sort in word table

we have a large word table on 13 pages and when I try to sort it by a
particular column, I get an error message that there is not enough memory or
disk space to sort. we have ample disk space. what should we do??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"paula" wrote:
we have a large word table on 13 pages and when I try to sort it by a
particular column, I get an error message that there is not enough memory
or
disk space to sort. we have ample disk space. what should we do??

Maybe you can find a machine with more built-in memory?

Older versions and Mac versions used to have a (registry) setting for the
amount of memory Word reserved for itself, but I don't suppose that still
exists.
Maybe you'll find tips that work for you in the MS knowledge base, say:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827101
or in this MVP article:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ientmemory.htm
Especially follow the instructions to clean out stray temporary files...
They may not be involved, but a bit of spring cleaning can't hurt.

Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

If you do not have paragraph marks and tabs within cells, merged cells, or
nested tables, try copying the table into Excel. Once sorted you can copy it
back into Word.

Pam