Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BigDaddyRoach

Default When I select text in a 4 column table, the entire row is selecte

I have a table that was imported from and earlier version of WORD. I have
2003 now.

When I select text in a cell, WORD selects the entire row (4 columns wide).
I can carefully select a line or 2 of text being careful that the slection
does NOT include the space right after the last character and it will only
select the text.

Why is is doing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
rajkohli

I can give you some tricks to solve this problem. See if anyone helps:

1. Change the version of your document to the current by using Save As
feature from File menu. Under Save As type choose the latest version.

If that doesn't work.

2. Select the entire table. From the Table menu, choose Convert - Table to
Text. Choose Tab and click Ok. Without clicking anywhere, click Table -
Convert - Text To Table, click Ok.

Let us know, if any idea works.

"BigDaddyRoach" wrote:

I have a table that was imported from and earlier version of WORD. I have
2003 now.

When I select text in a cell, WORD selects the entire row (4 columns wide).
I can carefully select a line or 2 of text being careful that the slection
does NOT include the space right after the last character and it will only
select the text.

Why is is doing this?

jacanterbury jacanterbury is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkohli View Post
I can give you some tricks to solve this problem. See if anyone helps:

1. Change the version of your document to the current by using Save As
feature from File menu. Under Save As type choose the latest version.

[/color]
Thanks rajkohli

I had the identical problem with MS word on my mac (selecting a few characters or words in a table was causing the whole table row to be selected)
It was driving me mad but simply do File/Save As/ with the version as the default latest version fixed the problem

Many Thanks,
John