Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Levlg

Default How can I get rid of the Office Clipboard?

I often call the Lingvo dictionary from Word window by clicking Ctrl +C+C or
CTRL+INS+INS. And every time when I return to Word after Lingvo a small
window jumps on my screen. How can I get rid of it? It's Office Clipboard,
as I understand. I cannot find place to turn it off.

I have Word2000 under WinXP.

Thanks in advance

Lev

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Levlg

Thanks, Graham. There are various options for Office Clipboard in Word help.
But there is not an option, which needs for me, - to turn Office Clipboard
off.
Lev

Levlg wrote:
I often call the Lingvo dictionary from Word window by clicking Ctrl
+C+C or CTRL+INS+INS. And every time when I return to Word after
Lingvo a small window jumps on my screen. How can I get rid of it?
It's Office Clipboard, as I understand. I cannot find place to turn
it off.
I have Word2000 under WinXP.

Thanks in advance

Lev

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

From Word help

Turn off the Office Clipboard

1.. On the Clipboard task pane, click Options.
2.. Clear the Show Office Clipboard Automatically check box.
3.. Clear the Show Office Clipboard When Ctrl+C Pressed Twice check
box.
Note To copy items to the Clipboard while it is turned off, select
the Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard check box.

Levlg wrote:
I often call the Lingvo dictionary from Word window by clicking Ctrl
+C+C or CTRL+INS+INS. And every time when I return to Word after
Lingvo a small window jumps on my screen. How can I get rid of it?
It's Office Clipboard, as I understand. I cannot find place to turn
it off.
I have Word2000 under WinXP.

Thanks in advance

Lev

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans

It's not like that in Word 2000.

AFAIK, there is no direct way to suppress its display but it will be
suppressed automatically if you close it three times in succession without
doing a "Paste All".

There is also a registry change which might stop it but that should be a
last resort.

--
Enjoy,
Tony