Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Michael Mauzey

Default Why do I have to CONSTANTLY re-install Word?

I have MS Word 2002. Every time I want to open
"Word", I get the Office XP EULA License agreement, (even though I do NOT
have Office XP ... I only have Works Suite 2002), when I click "Accept", it
goes to installing Microsoft Word Features ... about halfway through it, I
have to insert my Works Suite CD into my CD drive ... Word then finishes
and a new folder of "Microsoft Office Tools".

Why do I have to re-install it EVERY TIME I want to open word? I am sick of
Word ... I hate Word !!!!

Any help to end this seemingly endless installation process will be GREATLY
appreciated. Thanks!

pormike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer

Maybe this article will help, although you did write you were the administrator.
You must accept the Office 2003 or Office 2000 End User License Agreement every time
that you start an Office 2003 or Office 2000 program

Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
"Michael Mauzey" wrote in message

"Michael Mauzey" wrote in message
I have MS Word 2002. Every time I want to open
"Word", I get the Office XP EULA License agreement, (even though I do NOT
have Office XP ... I only have Works Suite 2002), when I click "Accept", it
goes to installing Microsoft Word Features ... about halfway through it, I
have to insert my Works Suite CD into my CD drive ... Word then finishes
and a new folder of "Microsoft Office Tools".

Why do I have to re-install it EVERY TIME I want to open word? I am sick of
Word ... I hate Word !!!!

Any help to end this seemingly endless installation process will be GREATLY
appreciated. Thanks!

pormike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson

Possibly pormike misunderstands. He might be the only user of the
computer but still nmot using the administrator account or an account
with administrator rights.

It would be best to check what accounts exist by navigatinf to Control
Panel Users. If there is more than one account, log off and make sure
the account logged into is the Administrator account.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Mary Sauer" wrote in message
: Maybe this article will help, although you did write you were the
administrator.
: You must accept the Office 2003 or Office 2000 End User License
Agreement every time
: that you start an Office 2003 or Office 2000 program
: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;884202
:
: --
: Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
: http://office.microsoft.com/
: http://msauer.mvps.org/
: news://msnews.microsoft.com
: "Michael Mauzey" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Michael Mauzey" wrote in message
: ...
: I have MS Word 2002. Every time I want to open
: "Word", I get the Office XP EULA License agreement, (even though I do
NOT
: have Office XP ... I only have Works Suite 2002), when I click
"Accept", it
: goes to installing Microsoft Word Features ... about halfway through
it, I
: have to insert my Works Suite CD into my CD drive ... Word then
finishes
Start menu
: and a new folder of "Microsoft Office Tools".
:
: Why do I have to re-install it EVERY TIME I want to open word? I am
sick of
: Word ... I hate Word !!!!
:
: Any help to end this seemingly endless installation process will be
GREATLY
: appreciated. Thanks!
:
: pormike
:
:
:
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Michael Mauzey

Thanks Tom, but I am the Administrator ... However, I did what you suggested
just to be sure and it lists me as the only account AND the Administrator.

Thanks for your help.

"Mary Sauer" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Michael Mauzey

Mary ... this helped a lot ... although mine says Wprd 10.0, not 9 or 11 ...
however, it won't let me click "full control" for "Owner/Creator" ... I can
click full control and then click apply, but when I go back to
Owner/Creator, the boxes are unchecked again.
Should I delete this account ... there are 5 accounts
listen ... 3 with my name ... 1 that says "system" and the one that says
"Owner/Creator". Thanks ... pormike