Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sigm

Default font issue

Within a word document, we have some users who are getting a couple of
characters replaced. The bullets are being replaced with an X and the ' is
being replaced with the =. When the document is received at the destination
system, which is running the same version of word (2003 pro), the characters
are replaced. It also prints the X and the =. Where should I begin to look. I
ran across a reference to embed the truetype font with the TOOLS, OPTIONS,
SAVE tab, but I'm not too sure if this is what I'm looking for. I'm wondering
if during the installation, some options were left off one install versus the
other. However, the font we are using is Times New Roman, which I presume
would be supported by default. Let me know what you think.