Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Megan[_2_] Megan[_2_] is offline

Default Tabbing from place to place

I need to create a document where I can tab from place to place and enter
information. I know I've done this in the past but I can't remember how to
set up the spots that i need to tab to. I hope this makes sense! I believe
there is a F button involved but that may have been an old version of Word!
Thank you for any help you can give me!
--
Megan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

Sounds like a Word„˘ form with form fields inserted where you will enter your
data.
Open the forms toolbar to insert your fields and then lock the form to make
them active. HTH and good luck.

"Megan" wrote:

I need to create a document where I can tab from place to place and enter
information. I know I've done this in the past but I can't remember how to
set up the spots that i need to tab to. I hope this makes sense! I believe
there is a F button involved but that may have been an old version of Word!
Thank you for any help you can give me!
--
Megan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Are you referring to MacroButton fields? Those you can insert in an
unprotected document and press F11 or Shift + F11 for navigation? If so,
follow these steps:

- Press Ctrl + F9 to insert field braces
- Inside the braces type: MacroButton NoMacro Click here and type
It would look something like: {MacroButton NoMacro Click here and type}
- Copy/Paste the field as needed and change the prompt (Click here and type)
accordingly

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: