Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ILoveMyCorgi ILoveMyCorgi is offline

Default Merging Excel file with Word document

I am merging quite a bit of data and the fields that have currency are not
formatting correctly. The merge takes place inside a table cell and some
format without the dollar sign. I have changed the formatting to number with
two decimal places and when I merge I get lots of zeroes after the decimal
ending in 3. What am I doing wrong????? This is driving me crazy!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at :

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"ILoveMyCorgi" wrote in message
I am merging quite a bit of data and the fields that have currency are not
formatting correctly. The merge takes place inside a table cell and some
format without the dollar sign. I have changed the formatting to number
with
two decimal places and when I merge I get lots of zeroes after the decimal
ending in 3. What am I doing wrong????? This is driving me crazy!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ILoveMyCorgi ILoveMyCorgi is offline

Not sure what to look for on your web page. I just need to know how to
format currency on the Word side so that when I merge the Excel data [field
already is in currency] it translates to currency also.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at :

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"ILoveMyCorgi" wrote in message
I am merging quite a bit of data and the fields that have currency are not
formatting correctly. The merge takes place inside a table cell and some
format without the dollar sign. I have changed the formatting to number
with
two decimal places and when I merge I get lots of zeroes after the decimal
ending in 3. What am I doing wrong????? This is driving me crazy!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ILoveMyCorgi ILoveMyCorgi is offline

I added the formatting per the link and it didn't work! Not sure how it
should look in the cell. Please help.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at :

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"ILoveMyCorgi" wrote in message
I am merging quite a bit of data and the fields that have currency are not
formatting correctly. The merge takes place inside a table cell and some
format without the dollar sign. I have changed the formatting to number
with
two decimal places and when I merge I get lots of zeroes after the decimal
ending in 3. What am I doing wrong????? This is driving me crazy!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Mail Merge main document, press Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of
the field codes and go to the field that contains the currency amount and
you will see

{ MERGEFIELD [fieldname] }

where [fieldname] is the name of the field in your data source.

Inside the closing }, insert the following switch

\# "$,0.00"

or if you have negative amounts that you want to place in parentheses, use

\# "$,0.00;($,0.00)"

so that you have

{ MERGEFIELD [fieldname] \# "$,0.00" }

or

{ MERGEFIELD [fieldname] \# "$,0.00;($,0.00)" }

Use Alt+F9 again to toggle off the display of the field codes and then
execute your merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at :

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"ILoveMyCorgi" wrote in message
I am merging quite a bit of data and the fields that have currency are
not
formatting correctly. The merge takes place inside a table cell and some
format without the dollar sign. I have changed the formatting to number
with
two decimal places and when I merge I get lots of zeroes after the
decimal
ending in 3. What am I doing wrong????? This is driving me crazy!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ILoveMyCorgi ILoveMyCorgi is offline

Thank you, thank you!!! NOW I understand! I appreciate your help and I am
thankful for this resource.
Susan