Uli

Default First row tabel diagonal

Hi,

How do I get the first row of the table diagonal so that the words in
the cells are at a 45 degree angle? The table should look like this:

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Thanks

Doug Robbins

In Word, you can only rotate the text by plus or minus ninety degrees.

In Excel you can do more. Consider using an Excel Spreadsheet in your
document rather than a Word table.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Uli" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

How do I get the first row of the table diagonal so that the words in
the cells are at a 45 degree angle? The table should look like this:

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Thanks

Anne Troy

If you have lots of text in your cells, then I wouldn't recommend Excel
(though I certainly agree with Doug if you don't have lots). If it were me,
I might actually think about using a small graphics program to create
graphic headings that are diagonal. Just a thought.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Uli" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

How do I get the first row of the table diagonal so that the words in
the cells are at a 45 degree angle? The table should look like this:

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Thanks

Anne Troy

Come to think of it, you could create the exact column headings in Excel,
then copy and paste special as a picture into a merged cell at the top of
your Word table.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com