Truncate Tables of Figures Caption

Old December 31st 05, 12:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Truncate Tables of Figures Caption

I am builiding a list of figures from a style (captiongraphic) which works
fine; however, now my users want to be able to add a sentance after the
actual caption (ended with a period), extended on the same line as the
caption and/or wrapped. How can I do this without the extraneous verbiage
being added to my compiled list of figures?

Thank you in advance, Bill
Old December 31st 05, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi =?Utf-8?B?QmlsYmVydA==?=,

I am builiding a list of figures from a style (captiongraphic) which works
fine; however, now my users want to be able to add a sentance after the
actual caption (ended with a period), extended on the same line as the
caption and/or wrapped. How can I do this without the extraneous verbiage
being added to my compiled list of figures?

There are two possibilities:

1. Put the caption text into a TC field and build the table on the basis of
TC fields (instead of styles)

2. Insert a paragraph mark and format it as hidden text. The text with the
additional verbiage (actually a separate paragraph) should be formatted in
another style (that's not being picked up by the TOC). Newer versions of Word
(from 2002 onwards, I think) also have an object known as a "StyleSeparator".
This is in essence the same thing, but is more for automating Word (using
macros).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org