Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mrsatroy mrsatroy is offline

Default Review Tracked Changes

If I have a document that I have made changes to with track changes turned
on, have accepted the changes, saved and closed the document, can I at a
later date review these changes? We had an audit here at work last week and
the auditor wanted to be able to see the changes to the document i.e. old
version but we don't want to have to save a seperate copy of the doucment
everytime we make a change.
--
mrsatroy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Have you accidentally turned off NumLock?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"mrsatroy" wrote:

If I have a document that I have made changes to with track changes turned
on, have accepted the changes, saved and closed the document, can I at a
later date review these changes? We had an audit here at work last week and
the auditor wanted to be able to see the changes to the document i.e. old
version but we don't want to have to save a seperate copy of the doucment
everytime we make a change.
--
mrsatroy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, once you've Accepted a change, Word no longer knows about it
(unless you Undo, which you can't do after you've closed the
document.)

What you _could_ do, maybe, is keep one copy where you never accept
any changes, and make your "real" copy with Save As and Accept the
changes there.

On Oct 20, 9:42*am, mrsatroy
wrote:
If I have a document that I have made changes to with track changes turned
on, have accepted the changes, saved and closed the document, can I at a
later date review these changes? We had an audit here at work last week and
the auditor wanted to be able to see the changes to the document i.e. old
version but we don't want to have to save a seperate copy of the doucment
everytime we make a change.
--
mrsatroy

Review - Tracking RandyERaymond Microsoft Word Help 1 September 16th 08 04:39 PM
Review - hide review marks Leona Microsoft Word Help 1 June 5th 08 02:50 PM
Review box Naomi Microsoft Word Help 1 April 16th 07 08:56 PM
Word 2007- display Review/Track Change Status with Review Tab hidd Steve300 Microsoft Word Help 1 February 17th 07 03:30 AM
Tracking changes of review only Bob Day Microsoft Word Help 1 May 25th 05 05:32 PM