mlse mlse is offline
Junior Member

Default How to get word counts of different parts of a document?

I am currently writing an essay for a University assignment and I have decided to break the document into four sections. What I need is a quick way of checking the word count of each section individually so that I can keep track of the size of each section as I go along - and don't end up using up the total number of words allowed in three of the four sections and then having to re-write!

I know I can manually highlight a section and count the words in the highlighted text, but is there a way I can create a section, name it and then tell Word to count the words just in that named section?
Big_Al Big_Al is offline
Junior Member

Location: Bristol UK
Thumbs up

http://word.tips.net/Pages/T000519_W...a_Section.html
mlse mlse is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Al View Post
Ah! Das scheint mir ein wenig kompliziert, aber es gefaellt mir echt gut. Danke schoen!
tcindia123 tcindia123 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Al View Post

thanks for the link.
TomBrooklyn TomBrooklyn is offline
Junior Member

Question

What is a hardship letter?

And for people who publicly chastise others for being harsh, shall we say:

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones;

or

Look who's calling the kettle black?