Jubinell Jubinell is offline
Junior Member

Default Cannot print blank pages in Word 2010

Hi,

I'm using Word 2010 to print a document that has pages with text coupled with pages that are blank (which I created using the insert-page-break feature). However, when I try to print the entire document double-sided, only the pages with texts come out. Next, I've tried to insert some footer text for the blank pages but made the text color white...still these blank pages do not print. Next, I tried to put in some WHITE gibberish texts in the main body of the blank pages, still the blank pages do not print.

Finally, I made the gibberish body texts in the blank pages black and tried to print. Now it actually prints the blank pages with the gibberish texts.

So...how do I make Word (or is it the printer? which is RICOH MP C4500) recognize that I want it to print the blank pages as they are?

-Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Jubinell : June 7th 11 at 05:05 AM
Big_Al Big_Al is offline
Junior Member

Location: Bristol UK

I've not come accross this issue yet it looks like you've already recieved an answer re print driver updating which may or may not have worked.

Just in case it didnt, had a quick look on MS website - cut and pasted from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...005188741.aspx

If you inadvertently format a manual page break (page break: The point at which one page ends and another begins. Microsoft Word inserts an "automatic" (or soft) page break for you, or you can force a page break at a specific location by inserting a "manual" (or hard) page break.) as hidden text and then specify that hidden text is not printed, Microsoft Word ignores the manual page break. The new page won't appear when viewed in print preview (print preview: A view of a document as it will appear when you print it.) (File menu), and the new page won't print.

To remove the hidden text format, first make sure you can see the manual page break: Switch to normal view (normal view: A view that shows text formatting and a simplified page layout. Normal view is convenient for most editing and formatting tasks.), and, if necessary, turn on hidden text by clicking Show/Hide (the black paragraph marker) on the Standard toolbar. Then, select the page break, click Font on the Format menu, and clear the Hidden check box.
Jubinell Jubinell is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Al View Post
[...]

Thank you and sorry for the late reply. This looks promising. I'll try it out!
Thanks once again.