Table of Contents Automatic Update

Old February 7th 11, 08:01 AM
sweetsmart sweetsmart is offline

Default Table of Contents Automatic Update

Has anyone of you tried making a table of contents of large documents, does the TOC update automatically as I make revisions on the contents. I appreciate any help. Thanks a a bunch.
Old February 16th 11, 02:57 PM
Big_Al Big_Al is offline

Location: Bristol UK

We use large legal documents, where the TOC is based on a particular heading style.

TOCs don't update automatically while working in a doc, but can be set to update on a print (by using the tools, option, print tab, tickbox update fields.

Alternatively, to manually update at any point, click the TOC and press F9.