A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Tables
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Conditional Formatting for a table?

Old May 7th 18, 06:10 PM

First recorded activity by WordBanter: May 2018
Default Conditional Formatting for a table?

Hi,

I've read through a bunch of the answers to other conditional formatting questions on this board, but none of them line up with my exact question/issue, which is as follows:

I've created a table style that automatically reformats my tables to look the way I want them to with one exception. When my table breaks across pages, I want the last row that appears right before the page break to have different formatting from the rest of the table - essentially, I want it to have a top border with a double line, all other borders/shading turned off, and no content except the far-right-most cell that should say "(continued)". I guess I need the conditional formatting to first determine if the table is breaking across pages, and if it is, I need it to automatically insert a new row with the formatting I described immediately before the page break.

My solution has been to hand-jam a new row with that formatting. But I've grown tired of doing it this way because every time I edit the document in a place before this table appears, the page break shifts up or down and I have to re-hand jam my manual fixes for every affected table... which can sometimes be dozens.

So, I'm hoping there is a slick solution that someone can suggest. I'm using Office 365... if that's relevant info.
Ads
Old May 8th 18, 01:52 PM

First recorded activity by WordBanter: Feb 2016
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter.Lubidowicz View Post
Hi,

I guess I need the conditional formatting to first determine if the table is breaking across pages, and if it is, I need it to automatically insert a new row with the formatting I described immediately before the page break.

So, I'm hoping there is a slick solution that someone can suggest. I'm using Office 365... if that's relevant info.
No such feature. It would be a good one. Let developers know at UserVoice:
https://word.uservoice.com/forums/30...op-application

BTW, my childhood nickname was Skeeter!
Old June 5th 18, 03:56 AM
Banned

First recorded activity by WordBanter: Jun 2018

Your writing very well and provide a lot of useful information. But if you tap water more than half as compared to another article, I would definitely be great

happy wheels