Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hans L

Default I need help with frames

I have created my first ever Word 2000 document with frames. All
worked pretty well until I tried to print the file, and I could only
print frame by frame. I then realized that I had problems in general
treating the file as a document -- all I could do was to treat it frame
by frame.

Does someone know what I need to do to set Page Setup for the entire
document and how to print the entire document?

Thanks!

Hans L

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It sounds like you've created Web frames or "frames pages." These are
entirely different from classic Word frames, which are similar to text
boxes. I'm not sure how good Word 2000 Help is on frames vs. frames pages,
but Word 2003 has a lot of good articles about both (all of which turn up if
you search for "frame").

"Hans L" wrote in message

I have created my first ever Word 2000 document with frames. All
worked pretty well until I tried to print the file, and I could only
print frame by frame. I then realized that I had problems in general
treating the file as a document -- all I could do was to treat it frame
by frame.

Does someone know what I need to do to set Page Setup for the entire
document and how to print the entire document?

Thanks!

Hans L

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hans L

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

It sounds like you've created Web frames or "frames pages." These are
entirely different from classic Word frames, which are similar to text
boxes. I'm not sure how good Word 2000 Help is on frames vs. frames
pages, but Word 2003 has a lot of good articles about both (all of
which turn up if you search for "frame").

I think you are right, Suzanne. I'll go to the MS site and search on
2003 frames. Thanks.

Hans L

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

FWIW, you can insert an old-fashioned frame using the Insert Frame button on
the Forms toolbar. If you'll be using frames regularly, you'll want to add
Frame back to the Insert menu using Tools | Customize. See also "WD2000:
General Information About Floating Objects" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=268713

"Hans L" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

It sounds like you've created Web frames or "frames pages." These are
entirely different from classic Word frames, which are similar to text
boxes. I'm not sure how good Word 2000 Help is on frames vs. frames
pages, but Word 2003 has a lot of good articles about both (all of
which turn up if you search for "frame").

I think you are right, Suzanne. I'll go to the MS site and search on
2003 frames. Thanks.

Hans L

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hans L

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

FWIW, you can insert an old-fashioned frame using the Insert Frame
button on the Forms toolbar. If you'll be using frames regularly,
you'll want to add Frame back to the Insert menu using Tools |
Customize. See also "WD2000: General Information About Floating
Objects" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=268713

Great, Suzanne. I'll try all this out.

Hans L

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hans L

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

It sounds like you've created Web frames or "frames pages." These are
entirely different from classic Word frames, which are similar to text
boxes. I'm not sure how good Word 2000 Help is on frames vs. frames
pages, but Word 2003 has a lot of good articles about both (all of
which turn up if you search for "frame").

Seems that using text boxes will be my solution. Have not finished my
design yet, so Idon't know for sure, but I guess it will work.

Thanks for your input, Suzanne.

Regards,

Hans L

Frames border NoExpert Microsoft Word Help 1 September 29th 05 07:43 PM
frames Frank Drost Microsoft Word Help 1 June 23rd 05 10:24 AM
Frames and disappearing text Sue W Microsoft Word Help 1 April 23rd 05 09:30 AM
Frames, Captions, and Graphic Placement Colin Higbie Microsoft Word Help 7 January 9th 05 07:56 PM
How do I remove multiple frames from a document? Speedyy57 Page Layout 1 December 16th 04 10:21 AM