Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scuba Steve

Default autocorrect files transfer

Last month we purchased a laptop with XP and Microsoft Office (2003). On an
older PC where we are running Windows 98 with office 97, we have well over
1500 auto correct shortcuts. I have set the security settings to 'LOW' and on
the trusted publishers window, both items are now checked. I have tried to
direct copy "Normal.Dot", and I have tried to use the zip file your site
directs me to. Neither of these options seem to work. Even though I could
transfer the file folder Normal.Dot and it shows up in the
Templates/Microsoft/Applications/Documents & Settings, I cannot get MS Word
to 'see' or access the auto correct files. I also tried using the Visual
Basic Editor to Import the ".Doc" file created by Macro9, and it comes up
with an error of too many lines; it appears to be limited by size.
What can I do to get the Auto correct file to work on the new Laptop with XP?