Steve K

Default Automatically Duplex Print

I'm trying to set a WORD document to automatically duplex print a form. I've
tried the PCL escape code sequence (PRINT 27"&l1S") but the printer spits out
an undefined error relating to the PCL code (OFFENDING COMMAND: &l1S). I'm
printing to a HP Laserjet 5500dn through a network connection. Any help
would be appreciated.
Michael_Corral

Press Ctrl+P and click the Options€¦ button on the bottom left-hand corner
check (check boxes) your selection under Options for Duplex Printing.
Alternatively you can go to Properties for your printer, one way to do this
is to go to Printers and Other Hardware via the Control Panel and click view
installed printers or fax printers or at least find the icon of your printer
with its name and right click and click Properties, then inside the *your
printers name* Properties box, click the Advanced tab, then Printing
Defaults button, you should now have three tabs saying Setup, Features,
Color. Click the Features tab, now under Document Options you can check the
Two-Sided Printing and the other options if you would like. Be sure to reset
after though, or all print jobs will come out that way. Please note that
printers differ, but for the most part, there should be a Printer Defaults
that you can alter, but the first method I described should work just fine.

--
Top Notch Admin

"Steve K" wrote:

I'm trying to set a WORD document to automatically duplex print a form. I've
tried the PCL escape code sequence (PRINT 27"&l1S") but the printer spits out
an undefined error relating to the PCL code (OFFENDING COMMAND: &l1S). I'm
printing to a HP Laserjet 5500dn through a network connection. Any help
would be appreciated.

Graham Mayor

Does the printer use a PCL driver in this installation or Postscript?
Obviously the latter would not recognize PCL commands. You may have to add
the driver in such circumstances.