Paul Kraemer

Default Filename field in header - automatically update?

Hi,

I am using Word 2002. I have a document with a header. On the Header &
Footer toolbar, I chose selected Insert Autotext | Filename. This placed a
field in my header that corresponds to the filename of my document. If I
close my document, change the filename, and then re-open the document, the
field in my header still displays the old filename. To get it to display the
current filename, I have to right-click the field and choose "Update Field".
I was wondering if there is a way to have this automatically updated whenever
the document is opened.

If anyone could tell me if there is a way to do this, I'd really appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Paul
--
Paul Kraemer
garfield-n-odie

Hi, Paul. See http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;832897
"The FILENAME field does not automatically update when you open a document in
Word 2002 or Word 2003".