Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Camille Petersen

Default Password protect content editing vs. password protect open document ??

I can imagine two ways of password protection:

a) A Word (2003) document can be opened only after entering a passwort (=reading is not possible
before the password is entered)

b) A Word (2003) document can be opened and read but NOT edited (editing is only possible
after entering the password).

How do I password protect a Word 2003 document for case a) and for case b) ?

Camille

Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Camille,

Sounds like a homework or test question...

I can imagine two ways of password protection:

a) A Word (2003) document can be opened only after entering a passwort (=reading is not possible
before the password is entered)

b) A Word (2003) document can be opened and read but NOT edited (editing is only possible
after entering the password).

How do I password protect a Word 2003 document for case a) and for case b) ?

Here's where you start. The rest you should be able to figure out by reading the information in the
interface these commands present.

a) Tools/options/Security

b) Tools/Protect document

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the newsgroup
and not by e-mail :-)