dollarthief

Default IME on Word. Doesn't work

Why doesn't the IME work on any Office application? I've installed the IME
and the icon appears (and can only be activated) on the taskbar on Internet
Explorer, so I can type chinese, jap or korean on the pages on the web, but
not in Messenger or any Word document (or Excel)! Why is that? I'm using
WINDOWS ME, and Office XP. Thank you.

dollarthief

IME is the Input Method Editors, for inputting chinese,japanese, korean etc
text on documents and on the internet.

Tom

I knew absolutely nothing about IME (still don't, nearly) until about
10 minutes ago, 'cos your post aroused my curiosity. So I went surfing
& discovered the following which might (or might not) help:-
If you've installed IME 5.02, it is not supported on your
Windows/Office version combination - see
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...e/install.mspx.

That link goes on to say, "Office XP users must instead install the
Global IMEs for Office XP", and provides the following link -
http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/as...347361033.aspx
You may have already gone down that track, in which case my newly
acquired & previously empty knowledge base can be of no further
assistance.
:-)