Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Norie Norie is offline

Default Where to find symbols group? - not in insert tab!

I need to insert symbols in document. The symbols group is not in my insert
tab to choose from. Where do I find the symbols group so that I may choose
various symbols to insert into document?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Maybe your document window isn't wide enough to display the entire
Ribbon?

Anyway the Insert Symbol button is the giant icon with a capital Omega
at the right end of the Ribbon, and as the Ribbon gets shorter, it
becomes a small icon with the word "Symbol" beside it, and then just
the Omega button.

It was one of the first things I put on my Quick Access Toolbar.

On Jan 17, 12:31*pm, Norie wrote:
I need to insert symbols in document. *The symbols group is not in my insert
tab to choose from. *Where do I find the symbols group so that I may choose
various symbols to insert into document?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

It should be on the "Insert" tab at the right end. If it is not located
there, you must have some addin installed which suppresses it.

If you really can't find it anywhere, you could still add it to your QAT.
Click the little arrow and choose "More Commands...". Set choose command
from to "All Commands" and look for "Symbols". There should be two of them.
You need the second one.

Yves