Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil DeProtine Phil DeProtine is offline

Default Retrieving original date of "updated" document

Word automatically updated my filed document when I open it. Is there any
way I can find out what the original date was? Is it permanently lost?
--
Phil DeProtine
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the system
date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate
fields - ALT+F9 change {DATE \@ "d MMM yyyy"}or {TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy"} to
{CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy"} then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in
your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct
dates. The switches \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location.