Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry Terry is offline

Default Convert Works wps to word received error

I tried to Convert Works wps file to word 07 after running the converter
found at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displayLang=en

I received nothing but
"ÐÏ *¡± á þÿ þÿÿÿ
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ"

Does this mean the works file to too old or is it corupt?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have old Works documents, the converter supplied with Word 2007 (not
07 which is something different) may not be able to open them. It caters
only for Works versions 7-9. The one you have downloaded appears to handle
version 6 also. You can add the older converters (Works versions older than
6) from the downloads page of my web site.

Terry wrote:
I tried to Convert Works wps file to word 07 after running the
converter found at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displayLang=en

I received nothing but
" ࡱ
"

Does this mean the works file to too old or is it corupt?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry Terry is offline

Graham, I downloaded the cnv pack
Will give it a try and let you know.
Thanks

Terry wrote:
I tried to Convert Works wps file to word 07 after running the
converter found at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displayLang=en

I received nothing but
"ÐÏ *¡± á þÿ
þÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ"

Does this mean the works file to too old or is it corupt?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry Terry is offline

I tried the converter received the error:
"Connot start the converter Works332.cnv"

Re installed it but did not help.

Terry

Terry wrote:
I tried to Convert Works wps file to word 07 after running the
converter found at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displayLang=en

I received nothing but
"ÐÏ *¡± á þÿ
þÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ"

Does this mean the works file to too old or is it corupt?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Microsoft is forever changing access through their security measures. Can
you send me a sample document I can test to the link on my web site?

I have, however just tested it with a Works 3 for Windows document created
from Works 9 and the converter opened that without problem from Word 2007
SP2, albeit with a security warning. Did you follow the installation
instructions correctly?

Terry wrote:
I tried to Convert Works wps file to word 07 after running the
converter found at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displayLang=en

I received nothing but
" ࡱ
"

Does this mean the works file to too old or is it corupt?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry Terry is offline

I copied the files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\TextConv
and merged the reg file into the registry it said successful.

How do I send you a copy of the file?