outwithbrad

Default How do I insert the existential quantifier symbol?

In standard logic, there is the existential quantifier symbol (the backwards
E) and the universal quantifier symbol (the upside-down A). I can't find
either symbol in the symbol menu in Word, so I can't figure out how to put
the symbols in my document. Thanks for your help!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I insert the existential quantifier symbol?

Hey there! I'd be happy to help you insert the existential quantifier symbol in your Word document. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu.
  3. Click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" section of the menu.
  4. In the drop-down menu, select "More Symbols."
  5. In the "Symbol" tab, select "Mathematical Operators" from the "Subset" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you find the symbol you want to insert. The existential quantifier symbol is usually located near the bottom of the list.
  7. Double-click on the symbol to insert it into your document.

Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut to insert the symbol. Here's how:

1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
2. Press the "Alt" key and type "8707" on the numeric keypad.
3. Release the "Alt" key and the symbol should appear in your document.

__________________
Jezebel

On my machine they are in the Symbol font. If they are not in yours (it
depends on which version of Word you have) do a Google for "logic symbols"
+font or similar -- shouldn't be too hard to find.

"outwithbrad" wrote in message
In standard logic, there is the existential quantifier symbol (the

backwards
E) and the universal quantifier symbol (the upside-down A). I can't find
either symbol in the symbol menu in Word, so I can't figure out how to put
the symbols in my document. Thanks for your help!

Joseph N.

Is there an existential qualifier? How would I apply?

Is there a template? g

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "

If you don't find them in the Mathematical Operators character subset of a
given font, then you'll need to insert the characters from the Symbol font
(0034 and 0036).

"outwithbrad" wrote in message
In standard logic, there is the existential quantifier symbol (the

backwards
E) and the universal quantifier symbol (the upside-down A). I can't find
either symbol in the symbol menu in Word, so I can't figure out how to put
the symbols in my document. Thanks for your help!

outwithbrad

Thanks Jezebel and Suzanne Barnhill! That answered my question. I didn't
realize that, in addition to the Symbols menu which one gets to from
Insert-Symbol, there is also a separate Symbol font.

Brad

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you don't find them in the Mathematical Operators character subset of a
given font, then you'll need to insert the characters from the Symbol font
(0034 and 0036).

"outwithbrad" wrote in message
In standard logic, there is the existential quantifier symbol (the

backwards
E) and the universal quantifier symbol (the upside-down A). I can't find
either symbol in the symbol menu in Word, so I can't figure out how to put
the symbols in my document. Thanks for your help!

How do I insert a square symbol in word document? Mike1103 Microsoft Word Help 6 April 6th 23 09:16 AM
How do i restore extra fonts to "Insert symbol"? jpmccusa Microsoft Word Help 1 December 23rd 04 01:08 PM
missing symbol dialog box from uner "insert" tab thelittleprincess Microsoft Word Help 1 December 6th 04 09:33 PM
Footnote symbol G Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 01:09 PM
The Insert Key cjkoeb Microsoft Word Help 6 December 1st 04 02:25 AM