Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] tenfootboneless@hotmail.com is offline

Default Portrait/ Landscape documents printing problem

I'm trying to set up a document (an audit report) that has both
portrait and landscape pages and will be duplex printed. On screen this
looks fine, but when I print it out Word appears to assume that the
pages will be stapled/ bound on the long side for portrait pages
(correct) and the short side for landscape (incorrect) within the same
document. The effect is that if you staple the report together the
landscaped section has the tops of two facing pages together making it
difficult to read as you have to keep turning it upside down.

I know that at a previous employer we got this to work (so the bottom
and top of opposing pages are joined), but I don't know how. I've a
funny feeling this was an issue with the printer/ printer driver rather
than Word. The printer we're using is an HP4050N with a duplex unit if
that's relevant.

Ideally we want people to read this on screen (being green and all
that), but inevitably people will want to print this, so it needs to
look good on paper too.

I'm using Word 2000 on Win XP. I'd really appreciate it if anyone knows
how to solve this problem. I've tried playing around with mirror
margins and gutters, but with no success. A case of 'what you see is
not what you get' :-)

Thanx, David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tenfootboneless tenfootboneless is offline

Thanx for the advice.

David