Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kimbo

Default Set default for new documents to "show header and footer."

When I open a "new document," I would like the header and footer to show by
default. I do not like working with them cut off, and I would rather not
have to "View/Header and Footer/Close" every time I open a new document.
Thanks. -- Kimbo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi

Open a new blank document, switch to print alyout view. Rest the mouse cursor
at the top of the top edge of the page - a tool tip will appear saying "Show
white space". Click and close the document. Word will remember this setting
for all new docs created with the Normal template.

-Ted

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kaundrington kaundrington is offline

"TedMi" wrote:

Open a new blank document, switch to print alyout view. Rest the mouse cursor
at the top of the top edge of the page - a tool tip will appear saying "Show
white space". Click and close the document. Word will remember this setting
for all new docs created with the Normal template.

-Ted

Thanks, I appreciate the help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Annie1904 Annie1904 is offline

Oh - thank goodness I found your post! It's these tiny things that really
annoy the most. Thank you, thank you, thank you!