Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alex

Default business cards

can you make business cards all different on the same page, like for tickets?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

They can be the same or different but I'm not sure what you are asking
exactly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"alex" wrote in message
can you make business cards all different on the same page, like for
tickets?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alex

there are 10 cards on one sheet. I would like to put something different on
each card. not all the same card.

can you make business cards all different on the same page, like for tickets?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

You can do anything you'd like with those 10 cards.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

news

"alex" wrote:

can you make business cards all different on the same page, like for
tickets?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

I think you might be missing this part: in the Envelopes and Labels
dialog, do not type anything in the Address text box and click "New
Document". Then in the resulting document you can put anything you
want in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

news

"alex" wrote:

can you make business cards all different on the same page, like
for tickets?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alex

I don't understand what labels has to do with business cards. I went to Env
and Labels and could not make business cards there. maybe just too hard for
me.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

I think you might be missing this part: in the Envelopes and Labels
dialog, do not type anything in the Address text box and click "New
Document". Then in the resulting document you can put anything you
want in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

news

"alex" wrote:

can you make business cards all different on the same page, like
for tickets?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are making business cards using Avery (or similar) stock that has 10
cards to the sheet, you will find the template ("label definition") for them
in the Labels dialog. You select the appropriate stock number in the Label
Options dialog.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

I think you might be missing this part: in the Envelopes and Labels
dialog, do not type anything in the Address text box and click "New
Document". Then in the resulting document you can put anything you
want in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

news

"alex" wrote:

can you make business cards all different on the same page, like
for tickets?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

As far as Word is concerned, any paper stock that has multiple similar
sections eg business cards, and postcards are labels. Select the #label'
format that matches your stock and choose 'new document' from the label
wizard. Fill in the table produced with your business card content.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

"Beth Melton" wrote:

I think you might be missing this part: in the Envelopes and Labels
dialog, do not type anything in the Address text box and click "New
Document". Then in the resulting document you can put anything you
want in it.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word