Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ryan2323

Default First Line of Row at Bottom of Page Repeated

I have a table that spans mutiple pages that is being used for meeting
minutes. There is a column for the item# being discussed and a column for
the notes from the discussion (as well as some other columns). There is a
row at the bottom of a page that displays the first line of text on that page
and then repeats the entire row on the next page.

Because the discussion notes are long I need the rows to break across pages,
but I don't want this first line of text repeated on the previous page. What
I really want is for the first line of the row to be displayed on the bottom
of the page and the rest of the row to continue on the next page. I know I
can resize the previous row to force it not to show, but that is not the
desired solution.

I have read several items on this site and can't figure out what is causing
it. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?cnlhbjIzMjM=?=,

Apparently, no one has any ideas...

The only thing that comes to my mind is a problem with the graphics or the
printer driver that's causing this duplication. If you see this in the
print-out, as well as on screen, it's likely the printer driver.

Try getting an updated driver from the manufacturer's website.

I have a table that spans mutiple pages that is being used for meeting
minutes. There is a column for the item# being discussed and a column for
the notes from the discussion (as well as some other columns). There is a
row at the bottom of a page that displays the first line of text on that page
and then repeats the entire row on the next page.

Because the discussion notes are long I need the rows to break across pages,
but I don't want this first line of text repeated on the previous page. What
I really want is for the first line of the row to be displayed on the bottom
of the page and the rest of the row to continue on the next page. I know I
can resize the previous row to force it not to show, but that is not the
desired solution.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org