Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luli1031

Default Page Numbering starting on page 5

I am working on a project that is supposed to be the format for a book and I
need to insert the page numbers starting on page 5 thru the end. I do not
want page numbers on any of the previous pages. How in the world can do
that? Please HELP!
--
Computer Expert needs Help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm
.. If you don't want page numbers in the first section (the first
four pages), then don't put any in the section 1 header or footer.

Luli1031 wrote:

I am working on a project that is supposed to be the format for a book and I
need to insert the page numbers starting on page 5 thru the end. I do not
want page numbers on any of the previous pages. How in the world can do
that? Please HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luli1031

The other part of the problem is that I want page 5 to say page 5 not page 1.
--
Computer Expert needs Help

"Luli1031" wrote:

I am working on a project that is supposed to be the format for a book and I
need to insert the page numbers starting on page 5 thru the end. I do not
want page numbers on any of the previous pages. How in the world can do
that? Please HELP!
--
Computer Expert needs Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis

Have you followed the article? In the second section, just leave the page
number format set to "continue from previous section" instead of resetting
to 1. That will count the unnumbered pages.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Luli1031" wrote:

I am working on a project that is supposed to be the format for a book
and I
need to insert the page numbers starting on page 5 thru the end. I do
not
want page numbers on any of the previous pages. How in the world can do
that? Please HELP!
--
Computer Expert needs Help

Want to start page 1 numbering after five pages - how? RM Page Layout 6 April 5th 06 05:07 AM
Page numbering Simon Minder Microsoft Word Help 3 March 13th 06 04:00 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 05:51 PM
Page numbering Ros Microsoft Word Help 1 December 14th 05 03:31 PM
Start at: page numbering not working Blaise Page Layout 3 July 9th 05 06:09 PM