Larry

Default can't save "anything" in Word 2003

New computer with Word 2003. When I open a document (any document) my
computer beeps. When I try to save "any" document, I get another beep and
the "open" dialog pops up. The product is activated (part of Office 2003)
and I have run "detect and repair." I have used word for years, have it on
other computers, and I have never seen anything remotely like this.

This is not an urgent problem as I do have it on other computers and it's
for home use, but I would like to fix the problem.

thanks

Mary

Make sure your Office 2003 has not been activated on another computer. Go to
Help in Word and choose Activate Product to see what it says. Perhaps your
new computer came with a trial version of Office which has expired.

"Larry" wrote:

New computer with Word 2003. When I open a document (any document) my
computer beeps. When I try to save "any" document, I get another beep and
the "open" dialog pops up. The product is activated (part of Office 2003)
and I have run "detect and repair." I have used word for years, have it on
other computers, and I have never seen anything remotely like this.

This is not an urgent problem as I do have it on other computers and it's
for home use, but I would like to fix the problem.

thanks

Larry

"Larry" wrote:

New computer with Word 2003. When I open a document (any document) my
computer beeps. When I try to save "any" document, I get another beep and
the "open" dialog pops up. The product is activated (part of Office 2003)
and I have run "detect and repair." I have used word for years, have it on
other computers, and I have never seen anything remotely like this.

This is not an urgent problem as I do have it on other computers and it's
for home use, but I would like to fix the problem.

thanks

Hi Mary,

It's the real deal and not a trial. I activated it myself.

thanks,

Larry