Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Kirk David Kirk is offline

Default Can't delete a quick part

In Word 2007 I inserted a page number "in current position." The current
position was just above the footnotes on each page. I don't like the style I
chose but now I can't delete it. No amount of left or right clicking is
solving the problem. Any ideas?
Anothe page number I inserted in the footer area is fine and editable.
Also: the "in current position" version only appears on pages 1 - 6 but not
on pages 7 - 9. Help!
David Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Kirk David Kirk is offline

Sorry! I wrote the subject before I double checked. It's not a quick part
that I can't delete, although I do notice that the "Insert Page Number" takes
you to the same options as does the "Insert Quick Parts Page Numbers." In
either event, the darned thing is still there.
--
David Kirk

"David Kirk" wrote:

In Word 2007 I inserted a page number "in current position." The current
position was just above the footnotes on each page. I don't like the style I
chose but now I can't delete it. No amount of left or right clicking is
solving the problem. Any ideas?
Anothe page number I inserted in the footer area is fine and editable.
Also: the "in current position" version only appears on pages 1 - 6 but not
on pages 7 - 9. Help!
David Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is probably in a text box, so you may need to use the Drawing select tool
to be able to select and delete it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"David Kirk" wrote:

In Word 2007 I inserted a page number "in current position." The current
position was just above the footnotes on each page. I don't like the
style I
chose but now I can't delete it. No amount of left or right clicking is
solving the problem. Any ideas?
Anothe page number I inserted in the footer area is fine and editable.
Also: the "in current position" version only appears on pages 1 - 6 but
not
on pages 7 - 9. Help!
David Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Kirk David Kirk is offline

Didn't work, even with CTRL. Strangest thing ... it actually appears to be
in the footer but it isn't. Keeping an eye on the ribbon bar to see
formatting and selecting all around the problem ... I can select the
italicized paragraph above it, the footnotes below it, but not IT. I ended
up with a CTRL A, pasted the whole thing to a freh document template and,
voila, the problem went away. FWIW: My workaround was going to be to put
opauqe text boxes over all of the offenders. --
David Kirk