Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maurits Maurits is offline

Default What if Word can't find a specific dictionary?

I have Word 2003 English Hebrew and want it to use also a Dutch dictionary. I
can't download it from the MS Site because it doesn't recognize it as genuin.
I downloaded the speller from another place, but after downloading it says
that it doesn't recognize the appropriate Word version and doesn't complete
it's installation. When I do Dutch a spell check Word reports that it can't
find the Dutch tools for it. Is this hopeless? I bought XP Prof and Word from
a genuin MS agent, who dsiappeared after a few months.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You would need to purchase a copy of Office 2003 Proofing Tools (if you can
find one) in order to add the Dutch proofing tools for Office 2003. This
will still work if you later upgrade to Word 2007.

Maurits wrote:
I have Word 2003 English Hebrew and want it to use also a Dutch
dictionary. I can't download it from the MS Site because it doesn't
recognize it as genuin. I downloaded the speller from another place,
but after downloading it says that it doesn't recognize the
appropriate Word version and doesn't complete it's installation. When
I do Dutch a spell check Word reports that it can't find the Dutch
tools for it. Is this hopeless? I bought XP Prof and Word from a
genuin MS agent, who dsiappeared after a few months.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maurits Maurits is offline

Thank you for your quick and clear replay, Graham.
1. Will this Office 2003 Proofing Tools then treat English, Hebrew and Dutch
equally?
2. Is it hard to find these Office 2003 Proofing Tools (Jerusalem, Tel
Aviv)? (So far dealers never knew what I was talking about, but maybe it
helps when I say "Office 2003 Proofing Tools".)
3. When I will upgrate to Word 2007 with my version of 2003 not
acknowledged, would this multi-language speller still work in both?
4. Does it have all the world languages' spellers or how does that work?
All the best, shalom from Jerusalem,
Moshe-Mordechai

Maurits wrote:
I have Word 2003 English Hebrew and want it to use also a Dutch
dictionary. I can't download it from the MS Site because it doesn't
recognize it as genuin. I downloaded the speller from another place,
but after downloading it says that it doesn't recognize the
appropriate Word version and doesn't complete it's installation. When
I do Dutch a spell check Word reports that it can't find the Dutch
tools for it. Is this hopeless? I bought XP Prof and Word from a
genuin MS agent, who dsiappeared after a few months.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The Office 2003 proofing tools was originallly sold on CD and provided spell
check functions for 50 languages. It will not affect the languages included
with your regional version of Office, but I believe they have now been
discontinued in favour of the new Office language packs for Office 2007. If
you do some digging on the web you should be able to find a supplier.

The link
http://www.languagesource.com/acatal... ice_2003.html
seems to fill the bill - certainly from the illustration. I am not sure what
the reference to German indicates as the link says that the 50 languages are
included.