Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anytown

Default How do I stop Word from opening documents in multiple page format?

Whenever I open a Word attachment from Outlook 2003 to Word 2003, it opens
the document in Multiple Page mode. I would like to have the document open in
Normal mode. What is the setting option to change? Does it need to be changed
in Outlook, Word, the MIME File Type, or elsewhere?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Yes. This is annoying. It is called Reading Layout.
Tools Options General (tab)
Uncheck "Allow opening in reading layout." This is checked by default upon
installation.

I don't know who requested this layout or why, but they must have had some
clout with Microsoft.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.