Paige

Default The 'do you want to update links' Message When Opening Document

How do I stop this message from popping up? I have a document and want the
links to update automatically when I open the document, without having this
message pop up and answering yes or no. I've gone into Options and set it to
'Update Auto Links at Open', and also gone into Edit/Links (in the document)
and set each link to 'automatic update'....but I still get this message. Any
ideas?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGFpZ2U=?=,

How do I stop this message from popping up? I have a document and want the
links to update automatically when I open the document, without having this
message pop up and answering yes or no. I've gone into Options and set it to
'Update Auto Links at Open', and also gone into Edit/Links (in the document)
and set each link to 'automatic update'....but I still get this message. Any
ideas?

You don't mention which version of Word you have, but see if this helps:

Prompt to update fields:
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=330079
WD: How the Behavior of the Word Fields Changes After You Install the Word
Update

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Paige

Thanks, Cindy. I don't think the article you referenced applies, but will
review it in depth. I never got this message before, but then I reinstalled
Word on a new computer, and now when I bring the document up, I get the
message.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?UGFpZ2U=?=,

How do I stop this message from popping up? I have a document and want the
links to update automatically when I open the document, without having this
message pop up and answering yes or no. I've gone into Options and set it to
'Update Auto Links at Open', and also gone into Edit/Links (in the document)
and set each link to 'automatic update'....but I still get this message. Any
ideas?

You don't mention which version of Word you have, but see if this helps:

Prompt to update fields:
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=330079
WD: How the Behavior of the Word Fields Changes After You Install the Word
Update

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGFpZ2U=?=,

but then I reinstalled
Word on a new computer, and now when I bring the document up, I get the
message.

Then the article certainly could apply, as the new machine might have
security settings in place that would cause this prompt.