Nazish

Default how do I turn of automatic date update on my Word documents

I want to turn off automatic date updates on my Word document, preferably Memo.
Mike

If you want to stop the automatic date code from updating, you can 'unlink'
it by highlighting it and pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F9.

Mike

"Nazish" wrote in message
I want to turn off automatic date updates on my Word document, preferably

Memo.

Charles Kenyon

You are using a DATE or TIME field rather than a CREATEDATE field. This
field should be put in the original template if possible (instead of
inserting using the keyboard shortcut or header/footer toolbar button).

In the document in question, press Alt-F9 to display field codes. Then
change the field to a CREATEDATE field, press F9 and then Alt-F9.

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Nazish" wrote in message
I want to turn off automatic date updates on my Word document, preferably
Memo.

Mike

CREATEDATE is my preference as well, but is only available in Word 2002
forward. Also, with Word 2002/2003 you can right click on the date field,
click Edit Field, and change the field that way.

Mike

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...

"Nazish" wrote in message
I want to turn off automatic date updates on my Word document, preferably
Memo.

Greg Maxey

What? CreateDate is available before Word2002.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

"Nazish" wrote in message
I want to turn off automatic date updates on my Word document,
preferably Memo.

Charles Kenyon

I know CreateDate has been available and works in Word 97 because when I
wrote that article I was using Word 97! I believe it has been around since
at least Word 3.0. Right clicking and picking Edit Field is available in
Word 97.
--

"Nazish" wrote in message
I want to turn off automatic date updates on my Word document,
preferably
Memo.

Mike

I stand corrected . I'm thinking what's new in Word 2002 is the ability
to right-click on a field code to edit it.

Mike

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The CREATEDATE field is described in my manual for Word 2.0 (published in
1992). Perhaps you mean that it was added to the Header and Footer

AutoText
entries in Word 2002?

so
all may benefit.

"Nazish" wrote in message
I want to turn off automatic date updates on my Word document,

preferably
Memo.

Daiya Mitchell

What is the difference between right-click and edit field, and toggle field
codes and type the text?

On 5/19/05 8:17 AM, "Mike" wrote:

I stand corrected . I'm thinking what's new in Word 2002 is the ability
to right-click on a field code to edit it.

Mike

Yes, Edit Field does seem to be new. I've used this only minimally since I
usually use Alt+F9 and edit by hand.

"Mike" wrote in message
I stand corrected . I'm thinking what's new in Word 2002 is the ability
to right-click on a field code to edit it.

Mike

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The CREATEDATE field is described in my manual for Word 2.0 (published

in
1992). Perhaps you mean that it was added to the Header and Footer

AutoText
entries in Word 2002?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Nazish" wrote in message
I want to turn off automatic date updates on my Word document,

preferably
Memo.

Margaret Aldis

It opens the Field dialog. With the improvements in 2002/2003, that's
actually quite a handy way of editing some fields. Others you are better off
editing the code directly, for sure.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

.. .

On 5/19/05 8:17 AM, "Mike" wrote:

I stand corrected . I'm thinking what's new in Word 2002 is the
ability
to right-click on a field code to edit it.

Mike

Yes, I was a little surprised when I first used Edit Field on a TOC,
expecting it to open the TOC dialog; you can get to the TOC dialog from the
Field dialog, but it's not quite the same one you get to initially (some
options have been removed, presumably based on current TOC settings, but if
that's what you're trying to change...).

"Margaret Aldis" wrote in
message ...