Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Tuck-Sherman Robin Tuck-Sherman is offline

Default Space in Paragraph

Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart that I cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's blocking it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Turn on your non-printing characters and/or look at your paragh settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robin Tuck-Sherman" wrote in
message ...
Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart that I cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's blocking it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Tuck-Sherman Robin Tuck-Sherman is offline

Thanks for your prompt reply. I had checked the paragraph settings. How do I
turn on, though, the non-printing characters?

Robin

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Turn on your non-printing characters and/or look at your paragh settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robin Tuck-Sherman" wrote in
message ...
Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart that I cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's blocking it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click ¶ on the Standard toolbar or press Ctrl+*. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

"Robin Tuck-Sherman" wrote in
message ...

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Turn on your non-printing characters and/or look at your paragh settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robin Tuck-Sherman" wrote
in
message ...
Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart that I
cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's blocking
it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Tuck-Sherman Robin Tuck-Sherman is offline

When I do that, it shows the non-printing characters, including dots between
the words, but nothing in the space in the paragraph (and there is no page
break).

Thanks, Robin

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Turn on your non-printing characters and/or look at your paragh settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robin Tuck-Sherman" wrote
in
message ...
Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart that I
cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's blocking
it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Robin,

When JoAnn asked you to check the paragraph settings -- and you said
you had -- did you check to see that "space before" and "space after" on
that dialog screen were set to zero??

David

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Turn on your non-printing characters and/or look at your paragh settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robin Tuck-Sherman" wrote
in
message ...
Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart that I
cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's blocking
it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you look at Format | Paragraph for the paragraphs in question? Check to
see whether there is any Spacing Before/After.

"Robin Tuck-Sherman" wrote in
message ...

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Turn on your non-printing characters and/or look at your paragh
settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robin Tuck-Sherman"
wrote
in
message ...
Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart that
cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's
blocking
it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such
space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Tuck-Sherman Robin Tuck-Sherman is offline

Thank you Suzanne & David,

Yea. I checked the spacings b/f and after in the paragraph and the lines.
They are all single space with 0 points b/f and after. I even checked the
fonts and character spacings.

It should be noted that the paragraph was fine b/f I cut out the chart.
Afterwhich, the space appeared in the middle of 2 paragraphs below the cutout
chart. Anyway of finding out what's in this space, as with WordPerfect, so it
can be deleted?

Robin

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Turn on your non-printing characters and/or look at your paragh settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robin Tuck-Sherman" wrote
in
message ...
Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart that I
cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's blocking
it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have text boundaries displayed? If not, use Office Button | Word
Options and navigate to the dialog (sorry I don't remember the exact name)
that contains the settings for what is displayed on the screen. Check the
box for text boundaries, and you may find that you've got a stray text box,
frame, graphic, or other object in that space. See also
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

"Robin Tuck-Sherman" wrote in
message ...

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Turn on your non-printing characters and/or look at your paragh
settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robin Tuck-Sherman"
wrote
in
message ...
Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart that
cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's
blocking
it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such
space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Robin,

Was the "chart" inserted in a table or textbox? If not, how was it
originally inserted?

David

***********************************

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Turn on your non-printing characters and/or look at your paragh settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robin Tuck-Sherman" wrote
in
message ...
Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart that I
cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's blocking
it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Tuck-Sherman Robin Tuck-Sherman is offline

In View/Draft, the space doesn't show up???

Suzanne,

I followed your instructions and also read your article on "Reveal Codes". I
will email you the page in question.

David,

The chart was paste linked from Excel.

Again, many thanks. Robin

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Turn on your non-printing characters and/or look at your paragh
settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robin Tuck-Sherman"
wrote
in
message ...
Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart that
cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's
blocking
it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such
space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Tuck-Sherman Robin Tuck-Sherman is offline

Suzanne,

What is your email address?

Robin

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Turn on your non-printing characters and/or look at your paragh
settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robin Tuck-Sherman"
wrote
in
message ...
Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart that
cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's
blocking
it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such
space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the space doesn't show up in Draft view, then either it is something in
the drawing layer (text box, AutoShape) or you have the vertical alignment
set to Justified.

"Robin Tuck-Sherman" wrote in
message ...

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Turn on your non-printing characters and/or look at your paragh
settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Robin Tuck-Sherman"
wrote
in
message
Using Word 2007, a space appeared in a paragraph below a chart
that
cut
out. I cannot delete the space in the paragraph or see what's
blocking
it.
Any suggestions? (Word Perfect showed what would take up such
space).

Robin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can find it by clicking on my name, but be aware that I can't open Word
2007 files.

"Robin Tuck-Sherman" wrote in
message ...
Suzanne,