Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark2006 Mark2006 is offline

Default Activation

I had purchased Office Professional 2007 which comes with three licenses.
My wife's computer has essentially bitten the dust and I am clearing off all
the contents. I was wondering whether there is a way to deactivate that
computer's version of Office Professional and activate it again on the new
computer we have purchased. Is that possible? Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 17:43:01 -0700, Mark2006
wrote:

I had purchased Office Professional 2007 which comes with three licenses.
My wife's computer has essentially bitten the dust and I am clearing off all
the contents. I was wondering whether there is a way to deactivate that
computer's version of Office Professional and activate it again on the new
computer we have purchased. Is that possible? Thanks for any help.

No, Office doesn't do "deactivation". When you install on the new computer and
tell it to activate over the Internet, if the activation server decides you've
exceeded the limit, you'll be shown a dialog with a telephone number to call.
Explain the situation to the service representative.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you read Section 2 of your Office 2007 Professional Edition's
Software License Terms, you will probably find that you are
licensed to install the software on ONE or TWO computers
(depending on whether you purchased an OEM license or retail
license), but definitely not on THREE computers (only
retail-license Office 2007 Home and Student Edition allows that).

activation key diane New Users 1 November 25th 08 08:48 PM
Activation Lucie Microsoft Word Help 1 November 20th 07 03:47 PM
How do I find my activation number, after activation? Sammy Microsoft Word Help 1 February 21st 07 12:21 AM
activation key Rachel Microsoft Word Help 7 April 17th 06 01:35 AM
About activation Teshia McMillan Microsoft Word Help 0 December 14th 04 01:07 PM