Sheila Y.

Default How to do a long dash, i.e. in a bibiliography to repeat author

I would like to do a long dash in a bibilography to indicate that it is the
same author above.

The conventionally prescribed style is three em dashes. Insert an em dash
using built-in keyboard shortcuts or Alt+0151. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm

"Sheila Y." Sheila wrote in message
I would like to do a long dash in a bibilography to indicate that it is

the
same author above.

Greg Maxey

Sheila,

Inserting the em dash with the keyboard shortcut CTRL+ALT+Numpad "-" sign
does not result in three dashes with space in between.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The conventionally prescribed style is three em dashes. Insert an em
dash using built-in keyboard shortcuts or Alt+0151. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Sheila Y." Sheila wrote in message
I would like to do a long dash in a bibilography to indicate that
it is the same author above.

The spacing of em dashes varies from font to font. In Times New Roman and
Arial, for example, three consecutive em dashes make a continuous line. In
Book Antiqua, they are separated. You'll need to select the spaces and
change the character spacing (Format | Font | Character Spacing: Condensed)
to make them continuous. Save the result as an AutoText or AutoCorrect
entry.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The conventionally prescribed style is three em dashes. Insert an em

dash
using built-in keyboard shortcuts or Alt+0151. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.