Childeagrestis

Default Using Encarta from within Word 2002 and 2003

I have a problem with two different computers, one with Word 2003 installed
and the second with Word 2003.

On the first machine, the help files for Word 2003 suggest I can look things
up in the Encarta dictionary or encyclopedia in the Reference pane. This
doesn't seem to be available and as far as I can tell I don't have any
Encarta features installed on this machine. Is the help file referring to
something available on-line? Or do I need to install Encarta first, and if so
does it matter which version I purchase?

On a second computer I have Word 2002 and Encarta is installed, but it still
does not seem to be accessible from within Word.

In Word 2003, I believe Encarta Online is available through the Research
pane if you have an active Internet connection. I don't know about Word 2002
and Encarta installed locally; if you install Encarta after Word, it may add
a toolbar button or menu item in Word. I would doubt this, however, based on
the Microsoft Knowledge Base article "WD2000: Clicking "Look Up Reference"
or "Define" Connects to Internet, or Nothing Happens" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=268383. If you have Word 2002 as part of
Works Suite and are launching it from the Works Task Launcher, it might be
better integrated with Encarta, however.

"Childeagrestis" wrote in message
I have a problem with two different computers, one with Word 2003

installed
and the second with Word 2003.

On the first machine, the help files for Word 2003 suggest I can look

things
up in the Encarta dictionary or encyclopedia in the Reference pane. This
doesn't seem to be available and as far as I can tell I don't have any
Encarta features installed on this machine. Is the help file referring to
something available on-line? Or do I need to install Encarta first, and if

so
does it matter which version I purchase?

On a second computer I have Word 2002 and Encarta is installed, but it

still
does not seem to be accessible from within Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RRev

Dear Suzanne,
Simular but different problem, I can pull up and get good answers from
encarta but I would like to cut and paste or copy the results into a
document. I can NOT figure out how to do that - can you help?
--
Thank you for your help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't use Encarta, so I don't know this (perhaps someone else can supply
the information). In the past, however, when I had Encarta or something
similar, it seems like it had a dedicated button or menu entry for copying
an entire topic (I don't think there was any way to copy a specific
selection). You could also try Ctrl+C to copy, which theoretically works in
any Windows app.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Word 2003, I believe Encarta Online is available through the Research
pane if you have an active Internet connection. I don't know about Word

2002
and Encarta installed locally; if you install Encarta after Word, it may

add
a toolbar button or menu item in Word. I would doubt this, however,

based on
the Microsoft Knowledge Base article "WD2000: Clicking "Look Up

Reference"
or "Define" Connects to Internet, or Nothing Happens" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=268383. If you have Word 2002 as part

of
Works Suite and are launching it from the Works Task Launcher, it might

be
better integrated with Encarta, however.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Childeagrestis" wrote in

message
I have a problem with two different computers, one with Word 2003

installed
and the second with Word 2003.

On the first machine, the help files for Word 2003 suggest I can look

things
up in the Encarta dictionary or encyclopedia in the Reference pane.

This
doesn't seem to be available and as far as I can tell I don't have any
Encarta features installed on this machine. Is the help file referring

something available on-line? Or do I need to install Encarta first,

and if
so
does it matter which version I purchase?

On a second computer I have Word 2002 and Encarta is installed, but it

still
does not seem to be accessible from within Word.

Word 2002 installation problems LongTimeAlaskan Microsoft Word Help 1 January 14th 05 03:06 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Word 2003 to Word 2002 XP Docs Pete Carr Microsoft Word Help 2 December 22nd 04 05:09 PM
Upgrading word 2002 to word 2003 pro Gameshot911 Microsoft Word Help 0 December 7th 04 08:23 PM