Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cheripope cheripope is offline

Default locked document!

my document says, "cannot edit because selection is locked".
the entire doc is locked! how do I unlock it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Cheri,

Is it just the one document or all documents? If all documents a common cause is that a trial edition of MS Office has expired or
not been activated which basically turns it into a large document viewer.

=============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"cheripope" wrote in message ...
my document says, "cannot edit because selection is locked".
the entire doc is locked! how do I unlock it?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

ugh! thank you! what a hassle!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
georgiagirl!!17 georgiagirl!!17 is offline

Well, for me it is just a paper for school that is being locked. I turned it
in and my teacher said that I could redo it for a better grade. How can I
unlock it just so I can add and change information???
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

"cheripope" wrote in message ...
my document says, "cannot edit because selection is locked".
the entire doc is locked! how do I unlock it?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That's the only document you have that's locked?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"georgiagirl!!17" wrote in
message ...

"cheripope" wrote in message
my document says, "cannot edit because selection is locked".
the entire doc is locked! how do I unlock it?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zaques zaques is offline

"cheripope" wrote in message ...
my document says, "cannot edit because selection is locked".
the entire doc is locked! how do I unlock it?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

hi cheri can u help me?