sjfjells

Default how do I get a product key code if lost?

I have a Microsoft work Suite and I really need my Microsoft Word. recently
had my computer reformatted and I can't locate the product key code needed in
order to install it...HELP!!! thanks Jackie Fjellstrom
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

How to obtain a new product key for Office program setup

I assume that the same rules for Office apply to Works Suite.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sjfjells" wrote in message
news
I have a Microsoft work Suite and I really need my Microsoft Word. recently
had my computer reformatted and I can't locate the product key code needed
in
order to install it...HELP!!! thanks Jackie Fjellstrom

sjfjells

Thank you so much for your help - called and they got me what I needed- since
I am not computer savvy - your help was perfect -

"sjfjells" wrote:

I have a Microsoft work Suite and I really need my Microsoft Word. recently
had my computer reformatted and I can't locate the product key code needed in
order to install it...HELP!!! thanks Jackie Fjellstrom

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Yea! :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sjfjells" wrote:

I have a Microsoft work Suite and I really need my Microsoft Word.
recently
had my computer reformatted and I can't locate the product key code
needed in
order to install it...HELP!!! thanks Jackie Fjellstrom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
heather

you have to call Microsoft to get another code.

"sjfjells" wrote:

I have a Microsoft work Suite and I really need my Microsoft Word. recently
had my computer reformatted and I can't locate the product key code needed in
order to install it...HELP!!! thanks Jackie Fjellstrom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Dave is offline

I have the same issue, but with respect to Office XP Small Business 2002
Version that came with a Dell I bought in 2002. Does the procedure you
suggest apply to that software as well? Thanks.
--
Dave

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

How to obtain a new product key for Office program setup

I assume that the same rules for Office apply to Works Suite.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sjfjells" wrote in message
news
I have a Microsoft work Suite and I really need my Microsoft Word. recently
had my computer reformatted and I can't locate the product key code needed
in
order to install it...HELP!!! thanks Jackie Fjellstrom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No. Microsoft cannot help with OEM software. Your only option is to contact
Dell - and good luck with that. I don't think you're going to be happy with
the outcome.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

How to obtain a new product key for Office program setup

I assume that the same rules for Office apply to Works Suite.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sjfjells" wrote in message
news
I have a Microsoft work Suite and I really need my Microsoft Word.
recently
had my computer reformatted and I can't locate the product key code
needed
in
order to install it...HELP!!! thanks Jackie Fjellstrom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Except that someone recently posted here or in another NG that he/she was
able to get a new product key from MS because his/her OEM version was on a
system that was out of support.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

How to obtain a new product key for Office program setup

I assume that the same rules for Office apply to Works Suite.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sjfjells" wrote in message
news I have a Microsoft work Suite and I really need my Microsoft Word.
recently
had my computer reformatted and I can't locate the product key code
needed
in
order to install it...HELP!!! thanks Jackie Fjellstrom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Oh! That's a first. I wonder when they started doing that.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"sjfjells" wrote in message
news I have a Microsoft work Suite and I really need my Microsoft Word.
recently
had my computer reformatted and I can't locate the product key code
needed
in
order to install it...HELP!!! thanks Jackie Fjellstrom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

They have for quite awhile, JoAnn. I've been posting that this is no longer
the case with OEM software numerous times in the newsgroups for at least a
couple year, now. As a matter of fact, I provided this information just the
other day in this newsgroup. Post Subject: Product Key. Posting Date:
December 27, 2007.

If the OEM refuses to provide a new Product Key Microsoft will supply one. I
was told they might be charged a nominal fee (around $10 USD) but so far
everyone has reported it was free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Oh! That's a first. I wonder when they started doing that.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Except that someone recently posted here or in another NG that he/she was
able to get a new product key from MS because his/her OEM version was on
a system that was out of support.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Do you happen to know how far back they will go?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I believe it's limited to products that are still in their lifecycle as it
is with any support related question.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: