Robert Halford

Default How can I stop Word 2003 automatically adding new styles?

In Word 2003 if I make a change to a style Word automatically adds it to the
style list - for example "Heading 1 + Italic" or "Normal + Bold" - how can I
stop Word doing this?

Someone said check the "Prompt to update style" checkbox in the edit
options, but this doesn't work.

Daiya Mitchell

It's not really a style--start with Big Idea #4 he
http://shaunakelly.com/word/sfpane/S...ttingPane.html

And the rest of the page will explain what is going on.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Herb Tyson [MVP]

That's controlled by Tools - Options - Edit - Keep track of formatting.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How can I stop Word from adding a new style when I hand-format so. Steven Hall Page Layout 1 January 10th 05 08:37 PM
WP Delay Code - Word Equiv Mike G - Milw, WI Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:12 PM
How to change merge forms from Word Perfect to Microsoft Word dollfindance Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 04:35 PM