Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
scott L. scott L. is offline

Default My "good" fonts in Word 2003 have disappeared

I have a brand-new Office 2003 product just installed on my VAIO computer,
both bought new in November 06. When I first started using WORD, I was
impressed with all the fonts options €“ so many styles to choose from, and
they were of such good quality.
Now, for some reason, the fonts are not the same as when I
bought Office 2003! I believe there are suddenly fewer styles to choose from
and these are of much lower quality. For example, I lost the €śBALLOON€ť font,
and also the €śSTARS & STRIPES€ť font. Nothing on the FONT LIST looks like it
did back when I installed the software (OFFICE 2003) two months ago.
Can you please tell me how to get them back? Nothing I can
figure out how to do will return my fonts to the way they were when I first
loaded in the OFFICE 2003 software, just two months ago. (My VAIO runs
WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTER EDITION.) Please reply to the email address provided
in my profile. THANK YOU!
--
I''''m a new user in newsgroups, so your help with my stated problem is
greatly appreciated! It''''ll enhance my use of the OFFICE 2003 product
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx

"Balloon" and "Stars and Stripes" fonts have never been included in any
Microsoft operating system or Office Suite. You must have gotten them with
another program. If you no longer have them, you must have uninstalled them.
Dig thru your CDs and see which ones may have had fancy fonts. If not that,
try Google and see if you can download them somewhere.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"scott L." wrote in message
I have a brand-new Office 2003 product just installed on my VAIO computer,
both bought new in November '06. When I first started using WORD, I was
impressed with all the fonts options - so many styles to choose from, and
they were of such good quality.
Now, for some reason, the fonts are not the same as when I
bought Office 2003! I believe there are suddenly fewer styles to choose
from
and these are of much lower quality. For example, I lost the "BALLOON"
font,
and also the "STARS & STRIPES" font. Nothing on the FONT LIST looks like