Anna

Default E-mail newsletter spacing messed up after sending it

I created a newsletter using Word template from the template page, and
although it looks fine on my screen, the spacing was messed up and font
size/type was also changed when received. What can I do to prevent this from
happening again?
Jezebel

Don't send Word documents as emails. There are any number of things that
will screw up what it looks like at the other end, over which you have no
control. Sending a PDF is usually the simplest solution.

"Anna" wrote in message
news
I created a newsletter using Word template from the template page, and
although it looks fine on my screen, the spacing was messed up and font
size/type was also changed when received. What can I do to prevent this
from
happening again?

Anna

But PDF can only be sent as an attachment, and I need the e-mail body to show
the newsletter. Any suggestions? I tired Publisher, which worked fine
except I could not get the hyperlinks to actually work. Thanks for your help!

"Jezebel" wrote:

Don't send Word documents as emails. There are any number of things that
will screw up what it looks like at the other end, over which you have no
control. Sending a PDF is usually the simplest solution.

"Anna" wrote in message
news
I created a newsletter using Word template from the template page, and
although it looks fine on my screen, the spacing was messed up and font
size/type was also changed when received. What can I do to prevent this
from
happening again?

Jezebel

To make the body of the email look "formatted" you need to send it as HTML.
But that's usually a waste of time because many (most?) people have their
email set to receive all emails as plain text anyway, for anti-virus
reasons, and/or quarantine all HTML emails as suspect spam.

The day of the formatted email newsletter is already past. Came and went in
a cyberblink.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Don't send Word documents as emails. There are any number of things that
will screw up what it looks like at the other end, over which you have no
control. Sending a PDF is usually the simplest solution.

"Anna" wrote in message
news
I created a newsletter using Word template from the template page, and
although it looks fine on my screen, the spacing was messed up and font
size/type was also changed when received. What can I do to prevent
this
from
happening again?

Anna

Well, it was sent and received as HTML..... I agree with you on using PDF
but believe it or not, many people prefers everything to be in the message
body so there is one less thing to click, and I cannot simply change it just
because it is not "in" anymore.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Don't send Word documents as emails. There are any number of things that
will screw up what it looks like at the other end, over which you have no
control. Sending a PDF is usually the simplest solution.

"Anna" wrote in message
news I created a newsletter using Word template from the template page, and
although it looks fine on my screen, the spacing was messed up and font
size/type was also changed when received. What can I do to prevent
this
from
happening again?

Graham Mayor

It is not a question of being 'in'. HTML is a ripe transport medium for
carrying malicious code. Most people who have been around PCs for any length
of time have their e-mail readers set to view only the plain text content as
Jezebel indicated. Your laziness will cost you dear before too long. And
don't think virus checkers will help save you from rogue html code.