Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BridgetF BridgetF is offline

Default Word has stopped prompting me to save documents

If I try to close a Word 2003 document without saving my changes, the prompt
"Do you want to save your changes" does not appear. The document just closes,
losing my work.

How can I turn it back on? Any answers much appreciated; our IT department
is stumped.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Bridget

My first thought would be a misbehaving add-in (a particularly badly behaved
one in this case).

To find out what add-ins you have running, and for steps to identify which
might be the culprit see
http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/as...514521033.aspx. Don't be
put off by the title of the article, which sounds like exactly the reverse
of your problem. The main content of that article will help you identify if
an add-in is causing your problem.

If that doesn't work, then post back and let us know.

If it does work, I would recommend a very strongly worded email or letter to
the culprit!

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"BridgetF" wrote in message
If I try to close a Word 2003 document without saving my changes, the
prompt
"Do you want to save your changes" does not appear. The document just
closes,
losing my work.

How can I turn it back on? Any answers much appreciated; our IT department
is stumped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BridgetF BridgetF is offline

Thank you very much. It seems to be an add-in for our database, Goldmine 6.7
that is causing the problem. We are now working on fixing it.

"BridgetF" wrote in message
If I try to close a Word 2003 document without saving my changes, the
prompt
"Do you want to save your changes" does not appear. The document just
closes,
losing my work.

How can I turn it back on? Any answers much appreciated; our IT department
is stumped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Bridget

Thanks for letting us know. I hope you can fix the problem.

Shauna

"BridgetF" wrote in message
If I try to close a Word 2003 document without saving my changes, the
prompt
"Do you want to save your changes" does not appear. The document just
closes,
losing my work.

How can I turn it back on? Any answers much appreciated; our IT
department
is stumped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anned anned is offline

Were you able to solve your problem? I got a new computer (work) last month,
but for some reason, my prferences didn't copy.. so things were a little
screwy for a while, including GoldMine. Everything worked fine until I tried
to merge a document, I was asked questions that I answered (don't remember
what they were), and continued to work. It wasn't until I realized I lost
something I typed (a week or so later) that I noticed Word wasn't saving or
prompting me to save..