Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wammac

Default hyphen removal

Manuscript. Auto hyphen on. I do not want certain words hyphenated in certain
sentences. Is this doable? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke

"wammac" wrote:
Manuscript. Auto hyphen on. I do not want certain words hyphenated
in certain sentences. Is this doable? Thanks.

Hi wammac,

Yes: Select the word(s), and check "Tools Language Set language Do not
check spelling or grammar".
You can do that with Find/Replace, too, and could record a macro if you need
it often.

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wammac

Thanks. Problem solved. I would not have found this solution in a million
years. Thanks again.

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

"wammac" wrote:
Manuscript. Auto hyphen on. I do not want certain words hyphenated
in certain sentences. Is this doable? Thanks.

Hi wammac,

Yes: Select the word(s), and check "Tools Language Set language Do not
check spelling or grammar".
You can do that with Find/Replace, too, and could record a macro if you need
it often.

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wammac

Thank you. Both solutions, yours and Klaus's, solve the problem. These have
to rank near the top of MS Word obscure solutions. Thanks again.

"wammac" wrote:
Manuscript. Auto hyphen on. I do not want certain words hyphenated
in certain sentences. Is this doable? Thanks.

Hi wammac,

Yes: Select the word(s), and check "Tools Language Set language Do

not
check spelling or grammar".
You can do that with Find/Replace, too, and could record a macro if you

need
it often.

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I agree that considering hyphenation a "spelling" issue is a stretch.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can also define a character style formatted as Default Paragraph

Font +
Do not check spelling or grammar and apply that style to words you don't
want hyphenated.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.