Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
seatuskegee

Default How do I creat a scrolling subheading (text) in my document?

Using Office 2003 word, How do I creat a scrolling sub-heading (text) in my
document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2VhdHVza2VnZWU=?=,

Using Office 2003 word, How do I creat a scrolling sub-heading (text) in my
document?

Could you be more detailed about what it is you have in mind?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank Leiber

Gruezi Cindy:

I am trying to create a more 'hierarchical' structure in my WORD documents, to
allow readers to open 'hidden' text selectively.

This is rather a modest ambition - or so I tought....

I imagine this 'REVEAL MORE' (my terminology) can be done by clicking on a
small box next to a keyword, or by clicking on a colored word (similar to the
HELP box in WORD), and then read the additional material.

The "hide text" formatting in WORD is not what I am looking for. Nor is a
hyperlink the answer (unless the hyperlinked text is 'hidden' just next to
the keyword and then is 'unhidden' via a 'REVEAL MORE' macro...[I wouldn't
know how to do this])

I guess the easiest way to understand how this COULD be done is to look at
any
page of the WORD HELP function, i.e. look in the results pane of a HELP
query and 'reverse engineer' what MS did there... (except, of course, that
the HELP page is an HTML document, whereas I wish to create this 'REVEAL
MORE' option in a WORD document, i.e. .DOC format ...)

Upon further research I found that what I am trying to do (create a 'REVEAL
MORE' option to readers of my WORD documents) is most probably related to
"scrolling text". But this is an HTML-feature for web-design. Can this be
done in WORD directly?

Thank you all very much in advance,
Frank

PS Upon further experimentation with 'scrolling text', I encountered an
error, and here is the relevant excerpt from the MS support site, and my
answer.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886299
Scrolling Text
Error Message: "This object was created in MARQUEE. This application is not
available to open this object. Make sure the application is properly
installed and that it has not been deleted, removed or renamed."
Note: "This behavior does not occur on computers that are running Windows XP
without SP2 installed."
Note: "This behavior also occurs if you use Word as your e-mail editor."
CAUSE: "The ActiveX controls were disabled in Windows XP SP2 because they
pose a security risk. There is no supported workaround to enable this
functionality in Microsoft Office."

APPLIES TO
€¢ Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
€¢ Microsoft Office Word 2003

Here was my response:

My computer runs Windows XP WITH SP2 installed, AND I ALSO use Word as my
e-mail editor.

You state: "The ActiveX controls were disabled in Windows XP SP2 because
they pose a security risk. There is no supported workaround to enable this
functionality in Microsoft Office."
- - in other words, YOU cripple my software!?

How can I add and work with scrolling text in WORD?

Thanks for letting me know
Frank

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?c2VhdHVza2VnZWU=?=,

Using Office 2003 word, How do I creat a scrolling sub-heading (text) in my
document?

Could you be more detailed about what it is you have in mind?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Creating dynamic cross reference links in a Word document torajudo Microsoft Word Help 5 April 27th 23 08:57 PM
Cannot put scrolling text in Word document. Object in MARQUEE? L Stoker-student Microsoft Word Help 1 November 17th 05 05:38 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Can autocomplete insert unformatted text into a document? Daiya Mitchell Microsoft Word Help 1 February 22nd 05 02:23 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM